Getting started with UserLeap is easy! Frequently, a UserLeap base implementation takes as little as 30 mins. Of course, this varies from customer to customer and really depends on the availability and the complexity of your research needs.
UserLeap Web SDK
UserLeap Google Tag Manager Integration
Web SDK Environment IDs are available from the UserLeap Account.
Likely already installed on your website.
Skillset, Access and Permissions
Knowledge, permission, access of your codebase and repository.
Novice to basic Google Tag Manager knowledge.
Time to Complete
Website or Web App Surface
Easy to install on either.
Often already installed on your marketing site and possibly part of your application if the application is hybrid.
- Add a team member
- Identify a colleague who has access to your code base and code repositories
- In the Navigation Pane, click Settings.
- Click Team
- Click Add Member
- Enter their first and last name, plus email address and assign them the developer role
- Click Save
- In the Navigation Pane, click Connect.
- Using the sample copy below, email or message your colleague asking them to install the snippet on your website or web application.
If you need any help with either of the deployment, please reach out or book time with our Product Support and Customer Success teams. We’re happy to lend you a hand getting started!
Your website or web application has many pages, buttons, and interactions with UI elements that can be tracked as an event and recognized by UserLeap in order to conduct In Product research.
To get started, once you’re clear on what you would like to research you’ll need to spend time in your website or web application to determine which page or what button you’d like your microsurvey to trigger in order to collect user insights.
Your pages, buttons, interactions on the UI, and style sheet definitions translate to concepts in UserLeap and are considered to be part of UserLeap’s No Code events.
- Choose a page or a button on your website or web application.
- Keep that page open as you navigate to the next step; you're going to need to copy information from this page into the UserLeap application.
- Open the UserLeap application.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Events.
- Click Add.
- Click No Code Event.
- Click Page URL for a trigger based on page loading or Inner Text for a trigger based on a button, link, or UI element event on the page.
- In the Name field, enter the Event name.
- In the Description field, enter the Event description.
- If Page URL was clicked, in the URL Pattern field, enter the Page URL.
- If Inner Text was clicked, in the Inner Text field, enter the inner text of the element.
- Click Save.
This event is now available for both immediate and future use within your microsurveys.
In the Navigation Pane, click Templates to browse the microsurvey templates. Templates are organized into use case collections to help you easily find what you need, for example:
- Onboard More Customers
- Create Better Content
- Launch a New Product or Feature
- Recruit Interview Participants
- Reduce Customer Churn
- & more!
Choose the collection that best fits your business problem. Then browse, preview, and select the template that best supports your research.
- Place your cursor over each template.
- Observe the preview on the right side.
- To choose the template, either select the template card or click the green Customize and Launch button on the right.
- If you'd rather not use a template, you can always choose to Create from Scratch via the purple button in the top right corner to create your custom survey.
For the Question selection:
- Review the questions.
- Customize by changing the wording, deleting a question, or adding a question.
- Click Save Changes after customizing. Saving the changes of your microsurvey places it into a status called Draft.
For the Audience selection:
- Choose Web as the platform.
- Under the Survey Trigger, choose the No Code Event that you added in the step above.
- Select the dropdown to search and choose the correct event for your mobile microsurvey.
- Add a filter in your microsurvey to refine the target audience that should receive your microsurvey. Similar to your survey trigger, select an event or attribute to segment your eligible users for this microsurvey.
- Click Save Changes. Saving the changes of your microsurvey places it into a status called Draft.
To learn more about designing microsurvey questions, visit the following topics:
- Click the purple Launch Survey button in the top right corner, you should start to see responses come in as time progresses.
If you need any help with either of these installations, please reach out or book time with our Product Support and Customer Success teams. We’re happy to lend you a hand getting started.
Updated about a month ago