Using Slack requires access to admin permissions, please contact your UserLeap admin if prompted to do so.
The UserLeap Slack integration allows Slack users to push data from UserLeap to channels within their Slack workspace.:
- Billing Events and Notifications
- Launched or Completed Microsurveys
- Responses Received to a Microsurvey
- Microsurvey Themes
- The UserLeap Slack integration is available to all plans.
- Only a UserLeap Admin, Developer, or Editor role can enable the Slack integration in UserLeap, while in Slack, channel creation and application integration is determined by your Slack administrator.
- Decide which channels and which colleagues in your organization should receive access to the UserLeap data sets that are available.
- If you do not have the right Slack channels available and you do not have the permissions to create Slack channels in your company, you’ll want to contact your Slack administrator to request that they create the channels you’ll need.
- Similarly, if you do not have permission to install or connect third-party applications to Slack, you may need to reach out to your Slack administrator to ask that they help you integrate Slack and UserLeap.
- You may need to add your Slack administrator to the UserLeap account so that they can install the integration.
Once you have the right Slack channels available and have verified the permissions for integrating Slack, choose which UserLeap data sets you want to be mapped to those channels. If you are not interested in receiving a specific UserLeap data set, you can choose Not Set for the channel. Listed below are some general recommendations:
- Surveys receive a response: a channel with your whole product team or stakeholders that are interested in customer insights.
- Survey themes are identified: a channel with your whole product team or stakeholders that are interested in customer insights.
- Billing Events and Notifications: typically a channel for the UserLeap Admins, their procurement, or accounts payable team. If not needed, select Not Set.
- Survey is launched or completed: typically a channel for the UserLeap Admins or central team that administers UserLeap at your company. If not needed, select Not Set.
You or your Slack Admin can connect your Slack workspace to UserLeap from within UserLeap by clicking on the Connect tab and locating the Slack icon https://app.userleap.com/connect and choosing Install.
When you click the install button, Slack will prompt you to confirm the channels that map to the data available from UserLeap.
If you would like to remove the Slack integration, simply click the Disconnect button. This will remove the UserLeap App from your workspace and stop all notifications from being sent to Slack.
Please note that Slack only sends complete responses. To see complete responses of a Microsurvey please either visit the UserLeap UI or consider using the Zapier integration.
Updated about a month ago